Publication ethics statement
1. General statements
Editorial board is following publishing and journal best practices of these organizations:
2. Rights and responsibilities of editors
Editorial board is responsible for all content of the journal except advertising. Editorial board has a responsibility to uphold the principles of ethics in relation to:
- studies objects;
- sponsors of research and publications;
Editorial board responsibility to readers
– Editorial board guarantees that the information published in journals, reliable, unbiased and not engaged by the interests of advertisers or other organizations;
– Editorial board provides readers with information about the authors of the papers published in journals and the institutions in which the study was performed;
– Editorial board informs readers about the participation of commercial organizations and their role in the research or the preparation of publications and any other conflicts of interest that may affect the results of studies;
– Editorial board receives comments and suggestions from readers to improve the quality of journal;
– Editorial board reviews complaints received from readers regarding materials published in journals and inform them about the measures taken;
– Editorial board publishes clarifications and apologies to the readers if necessary;
– If errors are found, editorial board takes steps to correct or remove them;
– Editorial board must do everything possible to avoid compromising the intellectual and ethical standards by business interests;
– Editorial board is not responsible for the advertising content;
– Advertising content is published in the scientific journals according to the advertising policy of the «GEOTAR-Media» Publishers (see website).
Editorial board responsibility to authors
– Editorial board have the right to accept or reject an article for publication in the journal, based on the opinion of the reviewers on the relevance, originality and authenticity of the information contained in the article and its consideration to the publication ethics principles adopted in the journal;
– Peer-review is conducted according to the procedure of reviewing of articles adopted in the journal (double blind peer-review);
– Decision to publish an article is made collegially by the Editorial board of the journal;
– Decision of the Editorial board shall be in writing and may be given to the author upon his request;
– Editorial board may not be interested in accepting or rejecting an article. In case of an abuse of editor’s position on the editorial board, the person will be suspended from work in the editorial board and author will be apologized to in writing
– Articles are accepted only if there is sufficient evidence in favor of the publication and rejected only if there is sufficient evidence in favor of rejecting
– Authors are notified of the reasons for rejection of articles and receive recommendations to correct deficiencies
– Authors have the opportunity to appeal editorial decisions to adopt or reject articles. The appeal procedure can be found by link
– Authors are provided with information on the rules of preparation and submission of articles for publication in the journal (by link)
– Editors ensure copyright compliance when considering an application for publication of articles
– Editorial board has the right to remove already published article in case of opening of facts that were not known in the course of reviewing. The procedure of removing can be found on the of journal home page.
Editorial board responsibility to study objects
– Editorial board follows the provisions of the WMA Declaration of Helsinki – Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects
– Editors check the presence of ethics approval in all articles dealing with original human or animal data
Editorial responsibility to sponsors of research and publication
– Editors undertake duties to publish information about sponsors of research and publications
Editorial responsibility to reviewers
– Editorial board provides reviewers with guidelines on conclusions on publications and a list of questions that must be answered in the process of reviewing articles;
– Editors ensure objectivity and impartiality of reviewers, promptly identifying violations and taking steps to address them;
– Editorial board prepares conclusion to accept or reject an article based on the judgment of reviewers;
– If an open system for review was not adopted in the journal, editors provide anonymity of reviewers’ personalities;
– Reviewers are required to inform the editors if they reveal conflicts of interests.
3. Rights and responsibilities of authors
– While submitting an article in a scientific journal the authors confirm that the article is issued in accordance with the requirements published on a home page of the journal (http://immunologiya-journal.ru)
– Authors must comply with the legislation of the Russian Federation
– Authors should understand that the article will be rejected if the following facts are found:
1) Article has the low scientific level which is confirmed by editorial board decision;
2) Article does not correspond the requirements published on the journal home page;
3) Authors refuse to follow the recommendations of the editorial board to eliminate errors in the manuscript;
4) There is a violation of the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki on Ethical Principles for Medical Research, approved by the World Medical Association;
5) An article contains plagiarism or false data;
6) Results of the study have been published in another publication.
– Authors are required to provide information about commercial organizations supported research or publication, and any other conflicts of interest that may have an influence on the content of the manuscript
– Authors have the opportunity to appeal editorial decisions to accept or reject articles.
4. Opening of the Conflict of interests and Conflict Resolution
If at least one author has the conflict of interests it must be pointed in the article application form.
Editorial board forms a Committee on Conflict Resolution to resolve issues and complaints related to possible violations of the principles of publication ethics indicated in current Statement. The Chairman and members of the Committee are selected among the members of the editorial board by the voting of all members. The Committee investigates complaints from authors, readers, reviewers, editors and publishers.